Annoucement

  • What: Introduction To James
  • When: 27 July 2011, Wednesday, 8-10:30pm
  • Where: Adriel's House

Monday 10 August 2009

Holy Spirit and baptism


Praise the Lord! The accident passed with little hoo-ha. Eddie's parents did not make a big fuss and my principal have not yet called me to drink 'kopi' with her. Eddie was vomitting and on tube feeding while he was hospitalized. Thank God he is discharged from the hospital and can be fed via the mouth.



In the subsequent weeks, I will be teaching on the topic of Holy Spirit. To tell you the truth, I have zero knowledge. I believe some children will know the topic better than I do (>o<)! Nevertheless, I must fight the battle and equip myself with the knowledge.



Do let me share the little knowledge that I've gathered. I bet most of you know better than me. Let's begin: v(^o^)v (Say 'yay!')

There are 3 distinct types of baptism:

1. Salvation in 1 Corinthians 12:13 is called the baptism by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. This is what happens when a person receives Jesus Christ as Savior, also called the New Birth.



2. Water Baptism in Acts 22:16 is by a pastor (or other church leader) and is a public testimony of how much the Christian wants to obey and follow Jesus Christ. This baptism is by immersion in water and signifies that the person being baptized understands the need for repentance from sin.



3. Holy Spirit Baptism in Acts 1:8 describes when the Christian allows Jesus to immerse him or her in the Holy Spirit's fullness. This type of baptism is also referred to in the Bible as the Spirit "falling upon", "coming upon", or being "poured out upon" the Christian.

Baptism with the Holy Spirit is the second most important gift a Christian will receive. A pre-believer cannot receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Once we know the person is a Christian, it is important to explain that God wants all Christians to experience a deeper work of the Holy Spirit. The fullness of the Holy Spirit brings more spiritual power for intensified Christian service (see Acts 1:4,5; 1 Corinthians 6:19).

To sidetrack a little, I came across a medical study that proves Holy Spirit praying:



God bless and may you have a victorious week!

5 comments:

Lionel Low said...

Praise God indeed that Eddie managed to be discharged so fast! I wanted to leave a comment but been so busy. lol~

Liking your posts because they're so full of interesting pictures too. Thanks Fiona! :D Hope your research so far has been fruitful. :)

I'm actually not sure what's exactly the difference between the 1st type and the 3rd type.

From what I personally experienced, I only experienced 2 types. One is the Water Baptism, and the other is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit which occurred after I finished Scriptural Foundation Course 1 from church. :)

Fiona Zeng said...

The first type is when you receive Jesus Christ as your personal savior =)

The third type is the speaking of tongues, which is baptism of the holy spirit.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Really appreciate your encouragement, Lionel! v(^o^)v

God bless~*

Lionel Low said...

oooo... haha.. I see. :D

Though I never thought that to be called baptism. loL~ When I first heard there was Baptism of the Holy Spirit I was already very surprised, because I thought there's was only the Water Baptism.

Now this is new; another baptism! loL~ Thankfully and with praise to God, I have already went through it. :P

Fiona Zeng said...

Yes, indeed. Thank God you have went through all these.

I also received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit during SFC 1. Don't know how to practise the speaking of tongues though =X As for water baptism.................... (>o<)!

See you for tennis oh, brother~*

Lionel Low said...

Hehe.. I understand. I would think it's hard to "practice," because it's not meant to be practice.

I guess it all begins with praying, then committing your tongue to the Lord, and then continuing with utterance. It's just utterance. Let the Holy Spirit lead sis. :)