Annoucement

  • What: Introduction To James
  • When: 27 July 2011, Wednesday, 8-10:30pm
  • Where: Adriel's House

Monday 3 November 2008

Co-leading Cell

I actually had the intention to write this post since last week, but work, as always, was and is still a hazard. At least I manage to steal some time off tonight to pen down my thoughts; not bad. :D

First of all, initially when Min Shiung and Yiyi mentioned the idea of co-leading the cell, it came as a shock to me. Me being me, I always preferred a lower profile regardless of anything that I do. I am never the kind to stand up and assume responsibilities. Never. *loL~*

As Min Shiung and Yiyi were sharing about why they chose me; the shock sank in, revealing something clearer. I remembered at that time, I was reading the book of Matthew, so while my memory still served, this verse came to me.

Matthew 4:19-20
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.

When the first disciples were called by Jesus, they did not ask, "Err... why me?" Nor did they say "Let me think about it leh..." Min Shiung and Yiyi were kind enough to give me time to think over it, but I thought it to be a calling from God, and I said "ok". :)

It may seem like a reckless decision; in fact it is! To a certain extent I still feel I'm not up to it. Reason? I'm such a young Christian!

I still remember five years ago, I was a staunch free-thinker who ridicules people speaking in tongues, that they were in fact babbling nonsense. I attended church very unwillingly, and what the pastors spoke gave me drowsy spells instead.

I still remember four years ago, God's Word started to make a _little_ sense to me. There was no revelation whatsoever, and I was still dwelling in sins with an ever willful heart.

I still remember three years ago, God's Word began to take shape in my heart. I got baptised that year, and though still stumbling along the road, I began to walk.

Two years ago, as I finished my National Service, was the fateful time when I joined this cell group. Through bonding and sharing, we grew together in our walk with God and with each other. Praise God!

Just last year, I finally began to serve after months of procrastination and prayers through the church's choir, Praislight.

That's my very short biography, and I hope it dint bore you. :P The other part which amounted to my unpreparedness-cum-initial shock is that I have not read the Bible from cover to cover, not even once yet.

Nonetheless, as I learn my way around in life, in work, in relationships, in the Bible, in co-leading cell, I believe God will always show a way in everything. That's another message that I can share with everyone: God always shows a way; He will not place things in front of us that we cannot handle. We just have to trust Him and always walk with His faith.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Finally, I'm very happy to be able to serve everyone in areas more than my usual weekly-long-winded-sharing. *loL~* As I learn to be a better leader for God, I hope that you guys will be patient with me if I do anything wrong.

And since you are reading this now, won't you do this prayer with me? :)

***

Father Lord, thank You for all the wonderful siblings You have placed in our cell group. Through holy meetings and gatherings, we are able to grow and bond strongly together in Your Holy Name.

You set our days right O Lord, and we continue to trust that Your plans are there to prosper us and to teach us how to lean and rely more on you than on our own strength. Indeed Father, that it is only when we are weak, will we find Your mighty arm holding us together, giving us the strength we need, renewing our spirit daily.

Let us not falter in our walk with You Lord. Your Word is the lamp to our feet and the light on our paths. I pray that You will guide our way as a cell to bring Your Good News to the people outside our cell, into Your house O Lord.

Bless this cell group Father, that we may have the wisdom to do what's righteous in Your eyes, keeping Your faith, and seeking only Your qualification and praise. May your plans be revealed and Your will be done in our lives Father.

Glory and praise to Your Name forever and ever. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,

Thanks for your heartfelt sharing. Indeed it is a great joy albeit having a greater role of responsibility! We're all happy for ya!

I just wanna encourage you with this.

Ephesians 4:1
"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another one another in love. make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

This was Paul's instruction to all who takes up the calling of God. As daunting the task may seem, he goes on the say in verse 9 to 13 that God will not (never, ever) forsake His children working in the field. He will equip us with wisdom, stature, humility, giftings and everything that we require and humbly seek of Him. He will grant unto us.

So do not be fearful! =) Cuz you got the King of the Universe on your side. =) Ask the Lord for wisdom always (James 1:5)

You have all our support bro~ God Bless You.

Lionel Low said...

You are fast one la. loL~ I reckon you subscribe to our blog's RSS feed? haha..

Thanks for the encouragement bro. I'll keep them in my heart. :)

More of God, More for God. Amen.

Anonymous said...

No actually I din. How do u activate that feed? I use the blog as my home page. =)

Lionel Low said...

haha.. awesomeness. I never thought of that. :D

I'll do a post about RSS feeds in a bit. ;)